Bipolar or something like it...

A former S.L.C. Punk, baptised and converted to a N.Y.C. Punk.

Friday, May 05, 2006

On a more serious note...


Dear Jerkface,
I usually refrain from writing about anything remotely serious or having to do with myself, but for some reason I guess I felt like breaking from my normal style.

The other night, I went out with a really cool person, who I had quite a bit in common with. We discussed reasons why we had ended up in New York and blah, blah, blah. We both came from a strong religious upbringing, and felt a need to escape it, hence the move to NYC. As I was walking home in the rain, I thought more and more about why I came out here, and why I have decided to stay here despite strong disapproval from friends and family. Although there are so many things about New York that can suck it as far as I'm am concerned, the one underlying thing that makes this place so great to me, is how you can be who you are, and do whatever the fuck you want, and the majority of people will not even bat an eye at you. It's liberating.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chloe said...

Hey-

I meant to comment on this on got lazy, sorry, I'm a jerk. But, so, so glad that we met and let's get together again soon!!!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home